Saturday 13 September 2014

A dangerous career change?


 Inexcuseable's got herself a new job.

 She'll be working at the vetinary surgery up the road. I'm not sure that this is a very good idea due to the unusual pets people seem to keep around here. I think it's something to do with the couple of Cusp portals in the area that have worn a bit thin. Although I can't think how this happened...
* cough cough *

Who's a pretty boy, then?
 Ahem. Anyway, for starters, and just around the corner on the Northrepps road, there's Mrs Patel's herd of cow. Yes, that's correct: cow singular. It's technically just the one cow but with 16 heads and eleven tails. Don't even ask how many udders. Milking that thing is a nightmare, or so I've been told.
 Then there's number 34's griffin. Usually it's pretty placid as long as it's got enough cuttlebone and a dangling mirror to peck at. Most people in the neighbourhood know not to leave their kids and/or pets in the garden unsupervised when its cage is being cleaned out (and we know when this is about to occur due to the delivery of a lorry-load of industrial strength sandpaper to line the bottom of the massive cage).

 I hear they also de-flea Black Shuck and try and get a de-worming tablet down his throat every six months or so. So far they've only lost two nurses, which is a pretty acceptable loss if you ask me. Ooh, I wonder if that's why Inexcuseable's got the job...?

 

8 comments:

  1. Maybe Mr Patel can hire Kali to milk the herd?

    "Many hands make light work."
    John Heywood, 1546

    ReplyDelete
  2. I mentioned your suggestion, LX, but it seems Kali's on holiday in Fuengirola for two weeks. I think the cow may explode before she's back!

    Quite, Norma. The loss of only two vet nurses to Black Shuck's vicious temper leads me to disbelief, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am concerned about the type of fleas that inhabit the coat of the Black Shuck. I have a hunch that a simple dose of Frontline will prove to be too feeble.
    What is your recommendation?
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is she running a flea circus on the side?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ms Scarlet: Napalm. And plenty of it!

    MJ: She'd better have a long whip and a stout chair to train those fleas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "long whip and stout ..." - that's her, that's MJ !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mago: For the second time in as many days: Bwah hah hah hah haa!

    ReplyDelete

Tickle my fancy, why don't you?