Sunday 10 April 2016

Something and nothing


If this was gratuitous,
he wouldn't have any clothes on!
 You might be wondering what I've been up to this past week - especially as I haven't been around blog-wise?
 No?
 How rude!
 Well, I've just had a look back and have discovered that I haven't been up to much at all! Still, I've done enough to blog about it, so: Ha!
 Oh, and the image of Chris Hemsworth is not gratuitous as will become clear a bit further on.



The Mother's now-weeded allotment
 Sunday : Went to the allotment and did a bit of weeding. To be honest, it doesn't look very much different now than before I went as the weeds I pulled up were very small. 

 Monday : Picked up my new camera - A Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ60 (with free tripod and case). I've just got to learn how to use it properly now!

 
Gasp!
Sigh...
Tuesday : I made some stem ginger flapjack and went to see The Huntsman: Winter's War at Cromer Regal Movieplex. When Chris Hemsworth (the Huntsman) first appeared on screen looking far more handsome than necessary, a collective gasp/sigh went up from most of the audience! And, yes, I was one of the gaspers & sighers.


 Wednesday : Took Car to Norwich to be repaired after it's clonking two and a half weeks ago, and drove back in a Nissan Qashqai courtesy car.
 In the afternoon I visited a couple of friends who have just moved to a lovely modernised cottage in the countryside. I presented them some of the flapjack I'd made - I haven't heard that they're dead, so it must have been ok. Plus, I was commissioned to make my friend's sister's birthday cake (for next weekend).

 Thursday : I made some brownies, ostensibly to take to work on Friday.

 Friday : First day back at work. Gah! I didn't take the brownies because I barely speak to anyone there anymore (not through miseryguttedness, but, well... OK, through miseryguttedness). 

Shiny and (as good as) new!
 Saturday : Collected a now pristine Car from Norwich and returned the actually-quite-decent (but too full of electrickery) Qashqai.
 Inexcuseable, her husband and I went to The Parents' in the afternoon to chop down some of a large tree in their garden. Chris Hemsworth and his enormous axes would have come in useful...

 Sunday : Took what was intended to be a brief walk to Northrepps and back, but which turned into a Northrepps-Frogshall-Southrepps-Sidestrand-Overstrand-and back to Cromer-three hour marathon. I took some photos with my birthday camera, but nothing worth showing that you haven't seen before.
 Oh, and this afternoon I made a chocolate cake for The Father's birthday on Tuesday.

Repps & Strand Drift

20 comments:

  1. Cromer has a multiplex?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Four screens, if you can believe it! Although, if it helps, one of them is little bigger than a TV...

      Delete
  2. Well I'd say you were up to quite enough. Don't get me started on Chris Hemsworth. He is just too many delicious things. I saw the first Huntsmen movie, but this looks even better.?. I also passed along a lovely Music and Words award on my blog to you my handsome friend. I'd be interested in how you answer the same questions I did. I know your book reading is all over the map.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'd actually faint/swoon/pass-out if I ever met Chris Hemsworth!

      And thank you for the Music & Words Award! I'll start thinking bout it now, and probably publish the post on Wednesday or Thursday.

      Delete
  3. One can always tell the quality of a man by the people to whom he can't be arsed to speak. I can also tell you will now be putting me to shame in the map stakes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear. There are so many people I can't be arsed to speak to - perhaps I should be more discerning? Or does this mean I'm too discerning? Actually, laziness plays a big part...

      Delete
    2. Oh! I did the test and came out as an ISTJ. Or was it an ISFJ, I can't remember? Anyway, what I do remember is that the S was neither here-nor-there as it was less than 3%. I'm going to do a different test to see how it comes out again.

      Delete
    3. I failed the Voight-Kampff Test.

      Delete
    4. Well, you're not getting a turtle for your birthday, then, LẌ!

      Delete
  4. You have been baking up a storm... where do you find the time?
    I'm hard pressed to even getting time for regular meals at the moment, life is just far too busy... A new Camera! I'm in the middle of still paying one off on lay-buy installments... At this rate i may well have it by Christmas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, Princess, I very rarely cook meals, so I use the time I save from doing that to bake instead!
      As for the camera, it was a birthday present from The Parents and The Sisters otherwise I would have been saving for a while before buying it myself.

      Delete
  5. Are they "special" brownies? (I'm asking for a friend)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course they are. All my brownies are specia-

      Wait a minute... You mean *that* sort of special?! Only if I overdo the nutmeg!

      Delete
  6. Wow! Busy time. I got tired just reading it!

    Congrats on the new camera and Car repair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, LẌ. I'm extra pleased about Car because I was a bit paranoid that the repair shop were going to do a poor job, mess it up, or say it's cost more to repair than Car is worth and write it off!

      Delete
  7. The daffodils & purple flowers look beautiful in the freshly weeded yard. I'm guessing that's a tool shed & not a chicken coop in the back, as I'm not seeing any chickens about. Seeing pics of Roses' chickens has left me the impression that everyone in the English country with a yard space must be required by law to raise chickens. Did y'all yell 'Timber!!!' upon felling that yard tree?

    Congrats on the new camera & for getting your car fixed! Any movie without Kristen Stewart automatically adds one star from me! Her terrible acting ruined the first Huntsman movie for me (just like that gawdawful Twilight movie). Also, I was confused about whether or not the Huntsman was suppose to have a thing for Snow White, except he looked to have more chemistry with the Prince instead. This new sequel looks so much more interesting! I like films with ass kicking badass leading ladies.

    I had to google the Nissan model, as I thought, surely that must be a joke! Who names a car cash cow? But apparently, it's a real car! Also, I had to look up stem ginger flapjacks because I was sure you made pancakes, but it turns out, you made cookies instead. Neither the cookies nor brownies would have lasted too long in my place. Nor would the chocolate cake. Happy birthday to your father! Can't wait to see your commissioned cake!

    Wow! A 3 hour stroll across the land & sands is definitely a wonderful hike! That would've been my excuse to devour a chocolate cake, as nourishment & reward for the long trek. Now I'm curious, is there an Understrand & Throughstrand, as well as Eastrepps or Westrepps?



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, definitely a tool shed - No chickens on The Mother's allotment as there are too many foxes about!

      I think you'll like The Huntsman: Winter's War as there are plenty of badass leading ladies kicking arse. Jessica Chastain is particularly adept at it!

      I thought that the Qashqai would be sold in North America, but I've just Googled it and discovered that it's not, so no wonder you laughed at the name! It appears the Nissan Rogue is the Qashqai's American cousin.
      Oh, yes, flapjacks over here are a kind of biscuit/cookie. And they don't last long over here either!

      The hike was quite tiring, but well worth it. And I did reward myself with cake once I was back home!
      No, no more "strands", but we do have East and West Runton.

      Delete
  8. I have no idea what I did with last week.... perhaps I am saving it for later.
    Meanwhile, I wouldn't say no if you were to fling a musical wordy meme at me..... anything to get my brain out of the fog.... :-) Not like I'm begging or anything....
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall fling with gay abandon, then! I'm very pleased that Mistress Maddie tagged me as I have nothing else prepared, and like you, seem to be a bit foggy at the mo... I hope you have your foglights on - you don't want to run into all of last week's stuff and scatter it every which way!

      Delete

Tickle my fancy, why don't you?